Site Reliability Engineer
We are Connecterra:
An Artificial Intelligence start-up that wants to rewire humankind’s relationship with nature by building AI that will aid in food sustainability to feed future generations.
We work as a flat organisation, which means that you’ll get a lot of responsibility and freedom to define your place in the company.
The team is small but dynamic, with professionals hailing from 7 different nations and we pride ourselves on cultivating a workspace for radical thinking.
The Connecterra Engineering and Tech Team is at the core of our company. We keep all systems running and build powerful housing for our AI to grow and learn. Most importantly, we are a key component in the company’s strategic development.
As our Site reliability engineer, you will make sure that you bridge the gap between development and operations by applying a software engineering mindset to system administration topics.
You will have:
- 2+ years experience maintaining systems in a production environment (ideally a SaaS platform)
- A strong drive to automate processes
- A good eye for spotting inefficiency in tool chains and a knack at simplifying complex solutions
- Problem-solving mindset
- Working knowledge of security practices in a large-scale cloud deployment
- An ability to clearly communicate complex technical problems and solutions to fellow colleagues.
- A desire to continuously learn and teach others
- Working experience working with and/or managing these types of technologies:
- Containers (e.g. Docker)
- Container orchestration (e.g. Kubernetes)
- Services monitoring and alerting (e.g. Grafana, Prometheus)
- Job automation (e.g. Ansible, TerraForm)
- IaaS platforms – cloud computing (e.g. Azure, AWS)
- Relational databases, NoSQL databases
- Linux servers
As a Site Reliability Engineer with Connecterra your responsibilities will be to:
- Engage in the end-to-end lifecycle of services—from requirements to design, through deployment and operation
- Create and design a unified framework for deploying services to our production platform
- Handle the operation of services, through health monitoring and alerting; constantly improving on our existing operation strategy
- Help multiply the development team’s delivery speed by automating processes, setting up integration and deployment pipelines, removing deployment and operation blockers and handling the operational tech debt
- Be on-call to support the services that are running in the production environment
You are also:
- A self-starter / self-motivator who doesn’t require micromanagement
- Flexible and a multitasker
- Able to keep a cool head and open to working in a start-up environment
- The opportunity to play a vital role in an exciting start-up
- A competitive package
- Flexible working hours and vacation policy
- Fantastic office space in Amsterdam
- Very open and creative working environment
- A fridge filled with special kinds of beer and drinks
- Catered lunches, tons of snacks and fruit