People (HR) Manager
Connecterra is a diverse team of pioneers working to solve one of the hardest challenges the planet faces today: Agriculture Efficiency. We are the proud inventors of Ida, a digital assistant for farmers that uses data and machine learning to help support farmers and their stakeholders improve farm efficiency.
Ida has demonstrated that she can help improve productivity by over 20% and is growing rapidly.. Learn more about Ida here.
Headquartered in Amsterdam, The Netherlands, we operate in 18 countries globally. Check out our press coverage and Ida growth track record.
Our hiring ethos
We seek only the best and brightest who have a hunger to excel in their craft and will make a positive & unique addition to our culture and team. Your attitude and commitment to working as a part of this team to come up with new ideas, solve problems and deliver results is what matters most to us.
Our team is highly motivated, engaging, fun and supportive. We work as a team but hold each other accountable to our responsibilities.
We offer you a platform to do the best work of your life, be involved with an interesting product and part of a unique, diverse and collaborative environment, your genuine desire to be an integral part of our mission means a lot to us.
You're our People Manager
We are currently looking for a professional who will be responsible for the overall management of our People & HR function. People are core to our business, and this is a role where you are integral part at Connecterra. You are passionate about People & HR and have a track record in attracting and developing talent. You will be managing the hiring process, on- and off-boarding of new employees and all matters related to People operations. For now you are running the People department by yourself, this means, you get to set the strategy as well as execute on it. We are looking for someone who can use their expertise to help us run our operations smoothly, find the right talent, shape our culture and keep employee engagement high. We currently work across 4 regions (NL, US, UK & NZ) so knowledge of set up and/or dealing with local labour laws in these and other regions is advantageous. Otherwise, the ability to be astute and malleable in setting up new processes will be a must.
- Oversee the recruitment process, work alongside hiring managers and leadership team on the end to end process of hiring new talent
- Manage all People Ops including but not limited to; payroll, pension & sick leave management, on/off-boarding, performance management cycle, compensation reviews, engagement survey
- Develop and implement HR strategies and initiatives aligned with the overall business strategy
- Bridge management and employee relations by addressing demands, grievances or other issue
- Support current and future business needs through the development, engagement, motivation and preservation of human capital
- Develop and monitor overall HR strategies, systems, tactics and procedures across the organization
- Nurture a positive working environment
- Oversee and manage a performance appraisal system that drives high performance
- Assess training needs to apply and monitor training programs
- Report to management and provide decision support through HR metrics
- Ensure legal compliance throughout human resource management
- Proven working experience as People & HR Manager within at least 1 our current represented countries, preferably NL
- People oriented and results driven
- Demonstrable experience with Human Resources metrics
- Knowledge of HR systems and databases
- Ability to architect strategy along with leadership skills
- Excellent active listening, negotiation and presentation skills
- Competence to build and effectively manage interpersonal relationships at all levels of the company
- In-depth knowledge of labor law and HR best practices
- Degree in Human Resources or related field or equivalent experience
Every day we work hard on making the world a better place, thus the happiness and well-being of our team members is important to us. We currently offer the following:
- A diverse, open minded, international and creative working environment where all are welcome
- Competitive package
- Hybrid Working Environment – work in the office or at home however it suits you
- Flexible working hours and vacation policy - we trust you and your time is yours to own. Work in an environment and on a schedule that suits you and your team best & enjoy unlimited holiday days
- Monthly Wellbeing Allowance – to be put towards gym membership, health insurance, whatever you like
- Working From Home Allowance – additional monthly allowance to go towards WFH costs
- Quarterly company-wide Selfie Day - take a day on us to relax, do what you need to do to stay mentally healthy!
- The opportunity to play a vital role in an exciting start-up - we welcome your voice & input
As we grow as a company this list will also grow.
If you've read this far and feeling excited, then why not apply? We look forward to reading your application!