We are Connecterra:
We innovate for purpose. We are building AI that will impact the future of our planet.
By 2050, the world will have over 9bn people; this requires a 60% increase in food production. With an average age of 59* (in the US), farmers require the help of technology to help them scale. With over 500m farmers in the world and a billion people working in agriculture, now is the time that technology needs to be built to feed the world.
As a full-stack technology company, we engineer hardware sensors and a machine learning platform that trains and operates an AI service in 9 territories. Ida is a farmers’ assistant that can run a dairy farm 30% more efficiently than a human farmer. Ida learns the behavior of farmers and dairy cows and provides guidance on how to run a better farm.https://www.connecterra.io/about/press-media/
Join us and help us build an AI that has purpose.
Learn more about us here or check out our press coverage here and here:
As our Full-Stack Engineer aka. Proverbial Glue, you will make sure that all area’s of the platform fix together and work smoothly. You are going to need to move fast, learn quickly, and build faster.
- An ability to cope with the rapid pace of change within a growing start-up
- Well organized, disciplined, with an eye for detail
- Perseverance and the ability to take ownership of deliverables and get things done
- Continuous focus to improve on both your own professional level as well as the way things are done within the team
- Independent enough to work individually, but happy to work on team projects as well
- An ability to clearly communicate complex technical detail to colleagues (both tech and business)
- Eager to learn from and teach those around you
- Experience working with the following classes of technologies:
- A back-end language and a web service framework (e.g. C# Web API)
- Working understanding of MVC (i.e Entity Framework etc.)
- A front-end web framework (e.g. React)
- Relational databases (SQL server, Postgres)
- RESTful APIs (consuming data from various other services)
- Experience using source control (e.g. Git)
- Bonus points: working knowledge of the streaming pattern (e.g. Kafka)
We have an eclectic mix of technologies and languages in our stack, but we are working on converging towards a unified stack for easier maintenance. Our tech stack spans Microsoft .Net, Python, Java, Angular, React and a host of open source platforms. You will have a say in setting the direction of evolving our technology stack, just come prepared with solid arguments.
- Design, develop, deploy and maintainweb applications; end-to-end ownership of the apps
- Work with the rest of the development team to distill business requirements, come up with high-level specifications, break functionality into releases and plan the execution
- Work closely with our business team to make sure the features are delivered with good quality and aligned with the business needs
- Troubleshoot and resolve the bugs that come up in production
- Help the team with continuously improving the code base, the tools and the development processes
You are also:
- A self-starter / self-motivator who doesn’t require micromanagement
- Flexible and a multitasker
- Able to keep a cool head and open to working in a start-up environment
- The opportunity to play a vital role in an exciting start-up
- A competitive package
- Flexible working hours and vacation policy
- Fantastic office space in Amsterdam
- Very open and creative working environment
- A fridge filled with special kinds of beer and drinks
- Catered lunches, tons of snacks and fruit