We build an AI that will impact the future of our planet.
By the year 2050, the world population will be 9 billion. To provide for so many, food production needs to increase significantly. At this time over a billion people work in agriculture, half of them are farmers. Our technology helps them scale and feed the world.
As a full-stack technology company, our engineering challenges range from designing hardware sensors to building a machine learning platform, a farmers’ assistant that can run a dairy farm more effectively than a human. We call it Ida. She learns about the behaviour of farmers and cows, then provides guidance on making better decisions.
Join us to build an AI that has purpose.
Learn more about us here or check out our press coverage: https://www.connecterra.io/about/press-media/
The Connecterra Customer Team is the bridge between Engineering and the Customer. We visit our Farmers, scout sites to plan deployments, deploy hardware and support the customer in getting the most out of Ida. Most importantly, we are a key component in the product’s roll-out.
As our E.U. Field Technician aka. The Cow Whisperer, you will spend time on farm with Farmers, as well as manage a working relationship with the Connecterra Engineering team, Sales & local installation parties. You are going to need to move fast, learn quickly, and build faster.
· You have experience with building brackets, pulling electricity wires and connecting to local networks
· Basic understanding of Radio Communication
· Basic experience with computer networks
· Two right-hands
· Not afraid to improvise on the spot
· Willing and able to fly across the EU (and sometimes outside of the EU)
· Ability to travel freely within the EU (residence permit / EU passport)
· Based (Part-Time) in our HQ in Amsterdam
· Experience with managing local partners
· Fluent in English, Dutch and preferably German
· Not afraid of cows, farm experience is even better!
After an Ida sale has been made, that is when your part come into play. You will visit Farmers on farm and figure out where to install what parts of the Ida hardware. With a local partner you make sure it is set up properly and sign off on the deployment. Follow up will be done by on boarding the Farmer to the Ida system, and be there to do trouble shooting when needed. You will be in touch with the Engineering Team to make sure the deployed system works on the farms, remains easy to install and all “bugs” are solved.
Every day we work hard on making the world a better place, thus the happiness and wellbeing of our team members is important to us. Hence we’d like to offer you
- an open minded and creative working environment
- a competitive package
- flexible working hours and vacation policy
- fantastic office space in Amsterdam with a nice panoramic view
- tons of snacks and fruit and optional catered lunches
- a fridge filled with special kinds of beer and drinks
Click apply if you'd like to join us!